VR GP role (Travel Doctor TMVC Canberra)
Travel Doctor-TMVC Canberra has an opportunity available for a VR GP to join our clinic in the ACT.
We are an accredited travel medicine and vaccination centre in Canberra. Our services are comprehensive and wide ranging to assist all types of patients whether it be adventure, corporate, family, group, student, or private travellers. Our company, established in 1987, has over 30 years’ experience providing advice and support to travellers.
Travel Doctor TMVC is one of the largest individual suppliers of travel medicine services in Australia. With dedicated clinics in most major centres of Australia, Travel Doctor TMVC is able to provide a consistent high quality service in the discipline of international health and travel medicine.
We are an accredited travel medicine and vaccination centre, conveniently located in the heart of the Nation’s Capital City, offering doctor-based assessment of individual travel medicine needs and providing a wide range of vaccines, medical kits, anti-malarial medications and other travel related products.
About the role
The Travel Doctor-TMVC Canberra has an exciting opportunity available for a VR GP to join our growing clinic in the ACT.
You will be responsible for providing a broad range of services including but not limited to:
- Providing travel advice to consumers with varying health needs
- Prescribing routine vaccinations and travel vaccinations to people of all ages from a variety of backgrounds
- Performing physical examinations and completing medical clearances for work travel for our diverse group of corporate clients, many of which are large government departments
As the successful candidate you will hold a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have a passion for travel medicine
Why join us?
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Interesting, fast-paced work with healthy patients in a rapidly growing field
- A variety of daily work incorporating travel medicine, tropical medicine, public health and occupational medicine
- CBD location
- Ongoing training and development, including seminars and webinars relating to travel health and vaccination
- Stable, reputable national healthcare provider (part of the global Sonic Healthcare)
At Sonic HealthPlus we offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. We encourage our employees to have an enjoyable and rewarding career with an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to apply
Short listing for this position will commence immediately. You are encouraged to apply promptly as applications will close when suitable applicants are obtained. For more information or to apply, contact Natalie Tuivaga on 0467 801 464 or Natalie.Tuivaga@scs.com.au