Full time GP role (Sonic HealthPlus South Hedland)
Sonic HealthPlus has a full time opportunity available for a GP to join our South Hedland clinic on a full-time basis. Located in the Pilbara region in north-western Western Australia and just a two hour flight from Perth, South Hedland is both a hard-working mining community and a relaxed coastal town, and is currently undergoing a period of rapid development.
A suburb of Port Hedland, the area is becoming increasingly popular with miners and young families, and is rich in Indigenous culture, history and the wildlife that the outback is famous for. The town is ever developing, with several parks and recreational areas, sporting facilities and community art galleries opening to cater for the growing population.
Known for its camping, fishing and sightseeing, the Port Hedland area is also known for being the gateway and central hub connecting the Pilbara to the Kimberley. Just some of the stand out attractions include Karinjini National Park, Cape Keraudren Coastal Reserve, 80 Mile Beach, Staircase to the Moon, and the Port Hedland Culture and Heritage Trail.
This role will provide exposure to all aspects of general practice and occupational health medicine, including:
- Family Medicine
- Men's & Women's health
- Occupational health assessments
- Acute injury treatment and management
- Travel medicine
- Skin screening
- Chronic Disease Management
GPs will be provided with:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Biennial Bonus
- High earning potential
- Housing provided
- Relocation assistance
- Private billing clinic services
- Opportunity to reduce 10 year moratorium
- A friendly and focused multi-disciplinary team
With over 50 years’ experience in the industry, SHP is a Continuing Medical Education (CME) approved provider, giving our Doctors and staff opportunities to broaden their knowledge and to advance their career through regular training and development.
- Full Registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate training and experience in general practice
- Eligibility to access Medicare
- A caring and quality driven commitment to providing general practitioner health services.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College for General Practitioners (FRACGP) is desirable
If you're looking to provide quality healthcare while exploring all the outback has to offer, contact Sandy McNab on 0419 917 010 or Sandy.McNab@scs.com.au to learn more about this opportunity.